Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Follow Directions

Well, I learned that lesson we all should know from all the times its shared! Follow directions!!

We bought some bookcases from Walmart, and I started putting them together today. I took out the directions and scanned them as I started putting pieces together - wrong! I finally ran up the white flag on the first one. Then I took the directions out, laid out the pieces and carefully followed the directions one step at a time.

Shock! It worked! 5 times it worked, then I used that knowledge to go back, deconstruct and then construct that first bookcase.

My loving wife pointed out that I should have followed the directions from the start, and she's right - it would have sped things along and maybe saved my 60 year old knees! Well, hopefully I learned the lesson this time!

Peace!

No comments: