Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Struggling to stay

So I changed employers again after my former employer renigged on assurance that he would do all in his power to keep me. The trouble now? Well, as a 60 year old, I'm discovering that I don't deal with staying up all night to stay to the same sleep schedule if I'm not working!

Last night, my wife said, you stay up, take me to work in the morning, and then you can sleep. I've had coffee, eaten an orange, wrapped a banana in a tortilla with some peanut butter, had 3 fun size 3 Musketeers, played games on the computer, watched a movie, watched sports, avoided infomercials, and am hanging on the ragged edge of drifting off into la-la land.

Currently, I'm blogging and watching the Tonight show. My lovely bride should be getting up soon, then I just need to hang on long enough to get her to the store and make it back home!

My lesson this post? That I simply ain't as young as I like to think I am.

However, the schedule I have at work continues the trimming process on weight. In getting ready for this job, I purchased new jeans - down from a 48 when we moved here to a 42 in less than 6 months. And I purchased a new belt this last week since the others wrap around me from the middle to the left hip. I've heard others talk of doing much the same.

For the most part, I get along well with my coworkers, and Bob and I (who were hired at the same time) seemed to have gotten a bit of a reputation for dealing well with paper goods and chemicals - which includes laundry products, dish products, cleaning solutions and powders, air fresheners - that sort of thing. We keep getting singled out to deal with those. I've had a little experience with pets, and have offered help on other grocery aisles as needed.

My wife's alarm just went off, so time to go and help keep her moving to get her to work on time.

Peace, and less weight!!

No comments: